Creation Weekend 2016 Event
October 28 & 29
Venue: Mill Woods Assembly
2225 – 66 Street
Keynote speaker: Dr. John Baumgardner
World Class Scientist
All sessions are free of charge. You do not need to register to attend.
Friday, October 28
- 7:30 PM – How Language Powerfully Affirms God’s Reality
Language is encoded meaning. This definition applies to human language, to computer language, to mathematics as well as to DNA. Because meaning is abstract and non-material, so is language. That the laws of physics are mathematical implies that the physical realm, like life, has linguistic underpinnings. Language therefore is a huge part of what is real. This is a powerful answer to the absurdity of materialistic philosophy which most universities today teach as dogma.
Saturday, October 29
- 9:30 AM – Complimentary Continental Breakfast
- 10:00 AM – Mendel’s Accountant: Why Darwinism Fails
Application of computer modeling on inheritance, mutation and selection reveals that progressive evolution is not the outcome of genetics.
- 12:15 PM – Carson Lueck – Leaders’ seminar on equipping our youth for the evolution/creation debate
Carson Lueck, B.Sc. and B.Ed., shares with church leaders, especially youth pastors, the absolute necessity of holding to a biblical worldview as recorded in Genesis when it comes to the origins debate. Anyone concerned about youth is welcome.
- 2:00 PM – Human DNA Comparisons Strongly Affirm Genesis History
Comparisons of genetic material, inherited only from our mothers, provide dramatic information about our history including strong indications that modern populations can be traced back to the daughters-in-law of Noah and all of us back to a single female ancestor (Eve) only a few thousand years ago.
- 5:45 PM – Banquet (inquire about cost and reservations for banquet to email@example.com)
- 7:30 PM – Keynote with Dr. Baumgardner – How God Used a Farm Boy from Texas to Develop World Class Science
How powerful new computer models developed by this scientist led to explanations as to the source of the water which covered the earth, and the source of the astounding depths of sedimentary rocks deposited on the continents during the Flood. But computer modeling can do much more to help us understand past events and present processes, and through this scientist’s eyes, we can appreciate the potential of these tools.
Creation Science Association of Alberta
Untold Secrets of Planet Earth
Poster Creation Weekend 2016 (download pdf)
Subscribe to Dialogue